During the week, Onxo blasted IOC's capitulation to Beijing for allow the Communist government to redefine the meaning of free press for the rest of the world. We also offered some important information for mobile warriors go overseas for business or leisure who may also be subject to espionage. The same information also how applies to the new directives from DHS.
On lighter matters, we discussed the following:
- Midori - Microsoft's brand new OS coming in 2010 (but they really mean 2014)
- We think Microsoft should look in the mirror for the reason why they missed their Windows Mobile shipment target and why we think they may have done just that with a potential mobile surprise this fall.
Onxo Mobile Tips:
- How to save battery life on your mobile device. This was covered two weeks ago but it is one of our most read articles.
- Avoid Losing Your Laptops (or forgetting you had a laptop with you at any time).
- Syncing iCal with Google Calendar (also Google Calendar with Outlook).
- How to get free WiFi at Starbucks or other ATT access points.
For the coming week, we'll discuss more about natural disaster preparations for mobile workers. We'll sharing with you the changes in telecommuting for the American workforce. This matter with the Department of Homeland Security will remain a focus and we want to make sure things are as they appear and report the facts before we overreact (we might do just for the fun of it).
Also, we're hoping for more information from Blackberry, Samsung, and Sony on what's ahead for them for the month of August/September. Microsoft missed their Windows Mobile sales target. We think Redmond bares watching and not just what new iPods Apple may or may not be waiting in the wings.
We want to know more about Android and what apps we can expect. Maybe we'll have some comparisons with what the iPhone apps offering are so far.
See you Monday!