All of a suddenly, reviews of the G1 started showing up and now Macbooks have joined in. So, let's start with the G1 since I'm likely to receive that before the Macbook.
- Appleinsider has round up reviewers from WSJ, AP, and MSNBC. Coming from an Apple-centric site, it was pretty fair and balanced.
- All Things Digital (WSJ)
- Mobile Industry Review - with video
- Gigaom with video
- BGR - offers some thoughts and analysis; more critical
- Associated Press
- Android Community - Pro-Android site; with video
- CNet - always have videos
- Crunchgear puts the hurt on G1...find out why.
- Also check out G1 phone. They've got some posts you'll want to read as well.
- Onxo - Forth-coming once I get it - it appears not this week.
A couple of things to keep in mind about these reviews. First, G1 is the first Android phone. It's a beta. Forget what Google, T-Mobile, or Android fans say. Beta. There I said it again. It was just like the first iPhone with first iPhone OS. That too was a beta.
The second thing is Android. Forget the short-coming of the hardware for now. Android is the difference maker.
Now, Macbook Reviews from around the Web:
- Gizmodo - benchmarks, too!
- PC Mag - 3.5 rings out of 5. Mostly because reviewer was bitter about not seeing it for only $800.
- Silicon Alley Insider - mini review.
- Primate Labs Blog - benchmarks only geeks could love.
- Technologizer - excellent review.
- Macdaily News - 10 things you don't know about the new Macbooks. Not a review but good info to have.