So, here a list of the latest news/rumors on what we can expect:
- Vodafone employee who has touched the new phone. Allegedly, it has GPS, black case, smaller than the current phone, and unlockable or jail-breakable. If I were a betting man, I'd put my money on the resourceful marketforce to break/unlock the 3G iPhone in no time. iLounge would agree about the size of the new phone. Their source is highly suspect though.
- SlingPlayer to debut tomorrow.
- There are a plethora of fake images of the phone. I'm not bothering posting links for them. If you happen to come across them, marvel at the Photoshop skillz and then move on.
- List from iLounge of providers who have indicated they will be carrying the 3G iPhone.
- With subsidies, the new 3G iPhone will be available for only $200 from AT&T according to various rumors. Could be as low as 99EURO in, well, Europe. Makes $200 a bit expensive for us Yankees.
- A couple of sources (possible that they were quoting each other, one of them being Barron's and since I don't have a subscription to WSJ, I can't be sure) are alleging delays. Their sources are hedge fund managers.
- Firmware exposed to show details regarding the chip the 3G iPhone uses.
- HTC Touch Pro and Diamond are joined by Samsung i900 in battling the 3G iPhone. Honestly, the form factors in these touch-based phones (multi-touch in iPhone's case) can't vary too greatly. Some will be thinner or thicker than others. Some will be longer, shorter, wider, or narrower. But the chrome metallic edge. Please, a little orginality, Sammy? Hey, Samsung. HTC. Buy Palm. They're cheap and you guys can use the creative energy Palm possess. They're down these days but I'm still rooting for them.
- Mysterious boxes arrive from Apple all over the world. Could be fake.