Biggest news of the day is T-Mobile potentially turning on their 3G network nationally on October 1. It's not difficult to imagine readers picturing an engineer at T-Mobile turning a switch from the "off" position to "on". In all likelihood, 3G waves have been going through the air for a while and Oct 1 is when T-Mobile will make the official announcement.
- Blackberry Sync has a walk through for the BB Kickstart. This is an EDGE phone so forget thinking about using it with the T-Mobile 3G network. Wow, it feels good say that. I'm going to say it again. T-Mobile 3G network. Nice.
- The Sprint Instinct was graced with a firmware update. Now it's an iPhone killer.
- Garmin's Nuvifone will not be available for Christmas. 2009.
- Yesterday, we wondered if we'll ever see a $200 Kindle. Today, Mobileread is spectulating about Kindle 2 features. I like how they think.
- Travel Journal is a new service to track cell phone movements. Not for Big Brother only. This will help travelers with cell phones create a log of where they been completely with text messages and images. I did a similar thing over the weekend with my iPhone and the Twinkle app. This is better if it works as advertised.