Capella is slated to refresh Intel's mobile platform in 2009 while Larrabee some time between 2009 and 2010.
Here are some links that may help sort things out.
- Amdzone's reaction to Larrabee.
- Anandtech - made clear that it's a CPU, not GPU.
- RegHardware chimes about the many core GPU, sorry, CPU.
- Wiki page on Larrabee
- Ars Technica, as always, comes through with a detailed but clear explanation of what we can expect of Larrabee
- DigiTimes reports Intel to launch Nehalem-based mobile chips in 3rd quarter 2009.
- Ars Techinica, expands on DigiTimes' report. We'll have to see how successful and efficient Intel is able to integrate the memory controller with the CPU.
Note: Dell has some great deals and if you're in the market for a Mac for school,you can get one online or at your school with student discount and a free iPod Touch (rebate for $299). The deal runs through September 15.