So, what's the big deal about the marketplace? The iPhone already has its own app store. Just copying, eh? Well, not exactly.
- It's called "marketplace" because developers have more freedom than what iPhone developers have experienced from Apple. The NDA for the iPhone SDK is still in effect.
- Open content distribution system.
- Still in Beta.
- Feedback and rating system like Youtube
- 3 Steps to getting into the marketplace: 1. Register, 2. Upload and describe content, 3. Publish
- Dashboard and tools to help drive traffic.
- Not all details are finalized.
So, there you have it. Enjoy.
Mobile Device Update:
- NYT reports no Kindle this year. According to NYT, “Don’t believe everything you read,” Mr. Berman said. “There’s a lot of rumor and speculation about the Kindle. One thing I can tell you for sure is that there will be no new version of the Kindle this year. A new version is possible sometime next year at the earliest.”
- Ubergizmo reports on what Microsoft is doing with ViFi and driving.
- Electronista introduces X360 to challenge Macbook Air. Doesn't play Xbox 360 games though. I'm simply shocked no one has made this joke yet.
- Nortel updates 4G network to avoid drops (Crunch Gear)
- Daily Wireless reports new 802.11r, roaming standard. Can improve VOIP.
- Onxo wonders why laptops do not have subscription fees to lower initial costs.
- Yahoo via Rueters has good news for you mobile warriors in the EU. May see laws to lower rates.
Post a Comment