Also, the iPod Touch update was made available days earlier. Guess what? It's already been jailbroken. Seriously by now, has Apple not learn that it's a hopeless battle. I expect the iPhone update to suffer the same fate by next week.
So, what's in the iPhone update?
- Decrease in call set-up failures and dropped calls
- Significantly better battery life for most users
- Dramatically reduced time to backup to iTunes
- Improved email reliability, notably fetching email from POP and Exchange accounts
- Faster installation of 3rd party applications
- Fixed bugs causing hangs and crashes for users with lots of third party applications
- Improved performance in text messaging
- Faster loading and searching of contacts
- Improved accuracy of the 3G signal strength display
- Repeat alert up to two additional times for incoming text messages
- Option to wipe data after ten failed passcode attempts
- Genius playlist creation
Note: Don't be in such a hurry. Wait a day or two before upgrading unless you reallly really really have to. It's been known that updates break things. It's happened to others. Not just Apple.