So what of the show today? There's quite a bit of mobile gaming and entertainment from Disney and ad moves for the iPhone and others. Yahoo spoke about their oneConnect and made the app available now on the App Store.
CNet has pretty good coverage today's CTIA events.
Mobile Device Update:
- Toshiba introduced their 240GB HD for devices like the iPod Classic. Will we see a surprise update from Apple or Microsoft soon?
- Blackberry Sync has a video of the Thunder. (The video is currently not available.) Crackberry's link works.
- Coolsmartphone has information on Sony's Xperia X1 phone including when it'll become out (Sept 30). Geez, all these rumors of delays. Who's doing that?! So far, no phone has been delayed. Good sign for a strong 2008 finish.
- Phone Arena on Sprint announcing Diamond and Touch Pro.
Unrelated to mobility as we know it today but this is worth note. UberGizmos on a new solar technology that can cut cost by up to 75%.
- Onxo on standardizing computer, Internet, and mobile skills for students.
- Onxo believes Apple has learned from its MobileMe and 3G mistakes.
- Yahoo News reports on US Senate's interest in text messaging. It's 'bout freakin' time!
- Wired on Swype - new input method. Really must read.
- W2I has pushed a summary of wireless opportunities in government applications.