This time, it's an India company who has teamed up with multiple companies to made this deal work. This is a concept that isn't new but we at Onxo believes strongly in. Unfortunately, we've yet to see anything like this in the United States.
Why? Your guess is as good as any financial analysts as mine. But this is a growing trend among wireless providers who are seeking to expand beyond traditional voice revenue streams. It is inevitable that American telecoms have to deal with increase number of subscribers.
Sprint will soon unlease additional WiMax-ready mobile devices. Though we have no idea of subsidies will be involved, it's a no brainer that it will help them attract a customer base.
It's only a matter of time, my friends. Vodafone is already offering Dell laptops
Via Engadget , GigaOM
Onxo Posts and Others on this matter:
- Should Apple offer subsidized Macbooks with wireless services?
- EEE PC with 3G connectivity.
- 3G modem sales rises.
- Vodafone and Dell offer netbooks with wireless plans.
- Engadget on Wind U120 with 3G connectivity.
- Engadget on T-Mobile's EEE PC offer in UK.
- Wired reports Asus adding 3G to EEE PC. Coming soon.