But the news, if you call it that, is Apple's event next Tuesday for them to unveil new Macbooks. There are numbers fly around about prices and if we'll see something that'll actually surprise us. It's going to be sleepless nights for a lot of Apple fans until Tuesday.
Look for all them to be disappointed. No mystery product next week. If there is something, it won't be until Macworld 2009.
- Use SIP to make calls to certain numbers. For Free.
Mobile Device Updates:
- Onxo is updating Blackberry Storm info and hands-on reports. I have to say it's a really bold move by RIM to exclude Wi-Fi. Phone Arena reports there are simulators for Bold and Flip as well.
- Android Community has a G1 review. Uh-oh...
- Cool Smartphone on Teksoft's Bluetooth Mouse for WM with video.
- Onxo on silver-zinc battery. 40% more battery life? Yes! CNet/Yahoo has more info.
- Wired has pics on Wind 2. I like. If Apple's event doesn't pan out, still can get Wind to install OS X .
- Wired reports notebook makers join WiMax bandwagon. We believe 3G and other mobile broadband merge, provide mobile users more flexibility. Maybe even savings.
- Crunchgear on Knick. I wish my future G1 looks like this. $99 to start. GPS, and a lot of gizmos.
- Onxo on state of mobile war. Part 2: mobile devices versus laptops.
- Electronista reports a successful Android may change mobile landscape.
- Daily Wireless on Life-casting. Great idea? Maybe so but don't look for mobile providers to be happy about it.
- GigaOM on Ericsson's wind-powered cell towers.
- Gizmodo breaks down mobile OS in terms regular mobile warriors can understand. Must read.
- iXplora on Sony and Saab teaming up for mobile device control.