- 92% Growth year over year from 7 billion downloads in 2009 to 50 billion by 2012.
- $17.5 Billion by 2012 - a market value greater than the CD market of nearly $14 billion.
- Asian app downloads will exceed Western regions but will require a different monetary models.
- Europe will hit $8.5 billion by 2012. North America will hit $6.7 billion in the same time frame.
- Advertising-based apps will account for 28% of app revenue in 2012 - up from 12% in 2009.
- Average selling app price in 2009 is $1.90 but will decrease by 29% by 2012.
Even now, Google, Apple, and others are attempting to create an device-app-content ecosystem to cultivate as much as the demands of mobile users as possible. I'm sure Android Marketplace, Apple's App Store, and a couple others will be around. It'll be interesting to see if any of the more independent variety will be around and what kind of impact they may have.
So, anyone still looking to get into the app business, now's the time.
More at Business Wire, CNet News.