ATT and Veizon To Offer Free Calls And Text To Japan; Other Companies And Web Media Helps
ATT and Verizon will both offer free calling and texting to Japan for a period of time to help those in the US contact love ones and friends who may be affected by the 8.9 earthquake and the tsunami.
- Free calling and texting until March 31th
- 60 Minutes of calling for landline subscribers.
- Subscribers can text "redcross" to 90999 to donate $10 to the Red Cross.
- TV Japan will be accessible for U-Verse customers through March 17th.
- Calling and texting free to most post-paid and residential customers.
- Free MM messaging and texting.
- 10 Aid groups to donate to.
- FIOS subscribers to get TV Japan for free until March 17th.
Also, Google has set up an excellent page for helping victims, love ones, and up-to-date information on the Japan earthquake.
Separately, Apple is accepting donations to the Red Cross through iTunes. Apple also did this during the Haiti earthquake as well.