While that issue may be up for debate for years to come, what isn't is the facts that surfaced in recent days about Apple's moves on the mobile front and data that point to Cupertino gearing up for a mobile gaming war.
- 35K apps in the App Store. Of those, more than 9,000 are games.
- 37 million iPhones and iPod Touches. We might see 70-80 million by the end of 2009.
- 1 Billion downloads in about 9.5 months. The next billion will not take that long.
- New iPhones coming in June along with iPhone 3.0.
- Back-to-school iPod Touch giveaways with Mac purchases.
- Apple commercials with iPod Touch and gaming.
- App Store seeing more games from tier one developers like EA and Sega.
- Apple's recent hiring of former graphic chip heavyweights.
- Apple's chip takeovers in the last year.
Via Gizmodo and Onxo