But it was not all that easy to understand under the first read or the second read. So I inquired the mobile sage about it and he put it into terms even I can understand.
In simpler terms:
- Get a prepaid sim from att
- Set up an online account for the sim (you might need to a att prepaid phone to this)
- Buy a $100 prepaid card to fund the account
- Update the account to use a per-minute talk plan ($0.10 / minute, $0.20 / text)
- Call 611 to add a data package, the fees will be deducted from your $100 balance ($25 for 500 MB / $15 for 100 MB / $5 for 10 MB)
- When the balance run out, just add more money
Unused data can roll over, you just need to top up with at least $5 each month.
The points above were lifted from his e-mail to me with his blessing. I reckon this could also work with any GSM smartphones. Android, Blackberry, or Windows Phone devices. If you try this, please let us know how you like it.