Rumors are abound that this may happen. Amazon has inadvertently posted placeholders for the new iLife product as well as a couple of books talking about a non-existent iLife update. And the currently version of the iLife is showing its age.
I'm a Mobile and iLife user, particularly iWeb to push my personal Greenjava website. I can use a whole host of new features to help me augment it. Looking at the bigger picture, it's about mobile for Apple these days. It's all about iOS.
Time to put up a wishlist on what I like to see and expect.
- I don't expect an iOS version of every app.
- There isn't going to be iPhoto, or iGarageband. And there's already an iMovie in the app store.
- I do like to see implementations for events and facial recognition and ability to sync it with iPhoto and Gallery.
- Remotely update blogs via iOs devices. Right now, iFrame seems to be the only way most folks are updating their blogs through Wordpress, Blogger, or another service. I would love to see some changes here.
- Integration with 3rd party blogging services and ability to publish to MobileMe website
- Integration with social networks across the board - increase to Facebook, Twitter, and even Ping. yeah, Ping needs a lot of help and changes.
- Improved Webapps. I love how Google has such a rich implementation of apps accessible online. Also take a page out of Adobe's online Photoshop.
- Make elements of MobileMe free for all iOS users. At the minimum, make e-mail and photo sharing free.
- Integrate iChat into iLife and make it FaceTime compatible. Also need a Windows versions.
- Integration with Airplay. Let desktop applications of iLife act as servers for iOS users. Ability to get files on iDisk is already possible but sometimes I would like access to photos that I haven't uploaded online to Gallery or another service.
- Airplay integration with iTunes. iOS is great but I like to see this extended to 3G and remote services to access video and music. Maybe this is where Apple's massive data center in NC comes in.
- An App creator. Now, I know. We'll get flooded with thousands of variations of fart apps. Perhaps. Perhaps not. I like to see Apple make this easier for users create their own customizable uses. Maybe just to share among friends and family.